The American Cinematheque has now had two
- The first one launched in March 2011.
Unreedemed Groupons from that offer (expired Sept. 2011) are only valid at face value.
- The July
2012 Groupon offer was for a 2-ticket package or
a 4-ticket package, but not memberships.
Some things to keep in mind about your Groupon tickets:
- You can only redeem your Groupon tickets at the box office of the
Aero Theatre (for programs at the Aero) or the Egyptian Theatre (for programs at the
Egyptian) on the day of the screening.
- You cannot redeem your Groupon on fandango.com.
You can purchase additional tickets on fandango at regular price if friends wish to join
you for a film.
- You must show your Groupon receipt with barcode and ID number at the
box office when claiming your ticket.
- Your tickets are only valid for regular price
programs ($11 general admission) that are not tagged "no passes" on our website
or printed calendar.
- Seating is unreserved.
- Tickets are subject to availability. Some shows do sell out at the
door or in advance. Come one hour prior to show time to avoid disappointment.
- Your concessions (popcorn and soda) must be redeemed at the same
event as your tickets.
- Your 2-ticket or 4-ticket Groupon cannot be split between different
shows. You must redeem all tickets (per Groupon) for the same movie. You can't redeem a
2-ticket Groupon for two different films.
- We do not "reserve" tickets without payment. Your Groupon
is your currency. You can only redeem on the day of an event.
Memberships: (only applies to March 2011 Groupon Offer)
To activate your membership you must call or send an e-mail to our membership manager. Until we have heard
from you, you will not have a valid membership and will not be able to enjoy the benefits
of membership. Please e-mail your full name, mailing address (so we can
send your membership card) and Groupon ID number. Your membership will be
valid for one year from the date of activation. Once it is activated your name will be on
a list at the Aero & Egyptian Theatre box offices and within one month you will get a
membership card in the mail. Please bring ID to the box office if you have not yet
received your membership card.
Keep in mind:
- Your Groupon membership is not tax-deductible because you purchased
it at such a deep discount. If a tax deduction is more important to you, then you can purchase at full
- This offer is only valid for new members. Current members cannot use
it to extend a membership.
- You may purchase a membership as a gift. We can supply you with a
Welcome Letter and Membership Card to give to the recipient.
Be sure to sign up for our mailing list in
order to get our e-mail newsletter with our film schedule.
Drop us a line and let us know how you enjoyed your movie at the
<back | film calendar | membership details | box office hours